About this Event
Key nutrients for the second trimester of pregnancy and safe exercise to support a pain free pregnancy.
Are you confused about all the different advice and opinions you are receiving during pregnancy?
Claudia Vavasour (Registered Dietitian & Nutritionist BSc, PgDip Diet, NZRD) and Hazel Rolston (BPhty, MPNZ, Clinical Pilates Therapist) are trusted health professionals and experts in their fields of Pregnancy Nutrition and Women’s Health Physiotherapy.
Join them as they share their advice on how to safeguard your pelvic floor and safely exercise through pregnancy, delivery and beyond as well as key foods during pregnancy to boost your health and your baby’s brain development giving them the best start in life.
By the end of the workshop you will have an understanding in:
- Key nutrients for trimester 2 of pregnancy
- Weight gain targets and energy requirements for trimester 2 of pregnancy
- The correct dose of folic acid, beyond trimester 1
- The importance of iron, how frequently to check iron, when to supplement, and common side effects
- The role of iodine in a baby’s brain development
- Omega 3 fatty acids and their tole in pregnancy
Tickets available via Eventbrite on: https://www.eventbrite.co.nz/e/the-ultimate-pregnancy-second-trimester-workshop-nutrition-and-exercise-tickets-91951686971